• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing a greivance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hjlewis

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I own an online hair bow company. I have a customer who says she is filing a grievance with me & my company. She placed a very large hair bow order over the holidays, my busiest time of the year. I hand make all of my hair bows, and it was taking me a while to finish the order. She was very upset and said that she wanted her order or the money back within two working days of her email. I shipped her money back the day she emailed me, but it got there two days after the date she demanded it. It was the quickest I could get it to her. While the check was in transit with the USPS she continued to email me demanded her money and proof it was even sent. She said she was giving me until Feb 23rd to have it delivered or she was handing the matter over to her attorney. The USPS attempted to deliver her package on Feb 21st, but there was no one there to sign for it. So they delivered it on Feb 23rd. Now she just emailed me and said that she filed a grievance with her attorney, and that I would be served soon when all the paperwork is filed. My question is, can she take me to court over this, even if she has her money back? Would there be any reason she would be able to do this?

Gail in Georgia

Sure; she can waste her money on attorney and filing fees is she wishes. These lawsuits are about money. Once you get to the hearing, you simply show that she's received what she's asked for.

BTW, lots of people have "mythical" attorneys.

Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">