• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing the same small claims debt twice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Krice

I am in Virginia and my sister screwed over her landlord. Our mother stayed with her and paid a portion of the rent. She was not on the lease or signed anything. Well my sister informed her landlord that she was moving out because she could not afford it anymore. Well when my sister told her that, the landlord told her she needed to get everything out by the end of the weekend which was the next day. My mother had to move out so I canceled her rent check that was just sent because she was told to leave. Well, the landlord took my sister to court and was awarded the full amount of everything she asked for. Now she said she is going to take me to court for the check that I stopped payment on for my mother. I did not even live in the house I just control my mother finances because she is disabled. Can she file & win a small claims against me for money that she was already awarded from my sister. Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">