• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing a Subpoena- who excepts this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Glennbeauboy

What is the name of your state? PLEASE TELL ME...
Where or with who do I file the Subpoena paperwork with. I am the Plaintiff in a Labor Board Appeal case, acting in pro per. I have several Subpoenas and Subpoenas (Duces Tecum) to file in preparation for the case.
1. Do I have them served first, then file the papers with the court?
2. With whom do i file the Subpoenas at the courthouse?
While I obtained the paperwork from the clerks window...I was also advised by the clerk that their office didn't accept the filing of Subpoenas?!?! (and, of course, when I asked where I DO file them....the clerk merely shrugged her shoulders!) Please help me....I'm running out of time!:(

BL

In prior Paper work I have been involved with, A person or person(s), request a subpoena(s) in writing at the clerks office. If the the Judge prepares , grants & signs subpoena(s), you have to HAVE them personally served upon the Defendant(s) by a person over 18 not connected to the action.

The server would fill out and sign the affidavit of personal service upon that Party to the action ( NOTARIZED).
Then either you or the Server can mail the Affidavit(s) to the court before the hearing dts.

G

Glennbeauboy

My Deepest Thanx!!!

I wish to thank you so VERY MUCH for your reply re: filing a subpoena. You've been a great help to me....I am in debt to you and if I can ever repay you in any way...feel free to E-mail me at any time.
Agian....Thank you so very much.
Respectfully yours,
Glenn T. Morin
[email protected];)

JETX

And since you have responded to my accurate post with your crap, I have decided to delete it and let you swing by your own rope.
Have a hap-hap-happy day!!:D

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Whatever power tripper!

My response:

I am a California attorney. After reading "Blonde's" response to you, I was going to make some corrections and give you further advice. However, when I read your response to JetX, I decided to just let you "wing it" on your own, and screw things up for yourself.

You don't deserve our assistance.

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Glennbeauboy

I'm sure I'll do fine. Sorry if I offened your partner, but his responce was outta line in my opinion. Mind you the site says "legal advice" not be a prick to people in need. Something I think you should pay attention to as well....Attorney or NOT!

oh yeah...did you notice that JETX deleted his responce to me....did you see what he wrote as "legal advice"?...any attorney who would agree with his BS can keep his advice to himself...prick!

Last edited:
G

Glennbeauboy

OMG....You really got me with that one...I'm actually laughing! You must have sent it to all members, because after the words we had with eachother...I wouldn't think you be as bold as to try and humor me...ya know?!?!?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">