• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filling out statement of claim form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michaelrj9

What is the name of your state Alabama

I am looking to take legal action with a business that had installed a pool liner.

When I downloaded the statement of claim form it says that you need one of these for each defendant you which to sue.

So would I do one for the business and another one for the owners?
It is a husband and wife owner would that still need to be on separate forms for a total of 3 forms?

Thanks

justalayman

It would depend on the corporate structure whether you would have to sue the business as well. I would sue the business as well since if there is a need to sue the business, it could mean the individuals have no liability. If you include all 3 your are sure to have the proper defendant. Any named defendant that believes they should not be a defendant can seek to be released from the suit later.

And yes you need to use a seperate one for the husband and a seperate one for the wife based on the statement you provided.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">