• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First and last hard bussiness lesson learned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tux741

To make a long story short... A friend and I did some painting for a lady he met at work. We painted 1,040 sq. ft. of wall space which took 23 hours at her home in NC. After we were finished, she said the work looked good and that she was satisified. Now, here lies the problem... Before we started the work, there was no contract or even verbal agreement of price. In fact, we didn't even talk about price at all. Upon completion, we told her that it would be $550 for all that we did... and she told us we were dreaming. We called local contractors and got estimates from them and they told us we were not charging much at all. After we told her that it would be $550, she has come back to say that it does not look good. Does anybody think that we will ever be paid the money we requested and do we even have any rights?

HomeGuru

tux741 said:
To make a long story short... A friend and I did some painting for a lady he met at work. We painted 1,040 sq. ft. of wall space which took 23 hours at her home in NC. After we were finished, she said the work looked good and that she was satisified. Now, here lies the problem... Before we started the work, there was no contract or even verbal agreement of price. In fact, we didn't even talk about price at all. Upon completion, we told her that it would be $550 for all that we did... and she told us we were dreaming. We called local contractors and got estimates from them and they told us we were not charging much at all. After we told her that it would be $550, she has come back to say that it does not look good. Does anybody think that we will ever be paid the money we requested and do we even have any rights?

**A: no, I don't think that you will ever be paid the money requested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">