• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First time offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bballiet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hello. I am a female 16 year old who lives in Pennsylvania. I was recently caught shoplifting appx. 17 dollars worth of goods at my local grocery store. I do realize what I did was absolutly wrong. I went into theback room andfilledout the necessary paperwork while waiting for my mother arrive. The police were not called. The man there said that a court hearing wouldbe scheduled and if I had a second offence, then a mistameanor would be filed. I once my mother got there shegave me a lecture in front of everyone. Before I left, I apolagized and promised it would never happen again. I am worried about scaring my record and getting into a good college. How do you predict this will pan out? Do u think this will be able to stop me from getting a job or into a good college? I want to be adoctor. I am so scared right now, I haven't eaten in days. Words can't even express the regret and sorrow I feel. Thanks for the help.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hello. I am a female 16 year old who lives in Pennsylvania. I was recently caught shoplifting appx. 17 dollars worth of goods at my local grocery store. I do realize what I did was absolutly wrong. I went into theback room andfilledout the necessary paperwork while waiting for my mother arrive. The police were not called. The man there said that a court hearing wouldbe scheduled and if I had a second offence, then a mistameanor would be filed. I once my mother got there shegave me a lecture in front of everyone. Before I left, I apolagized and promised it would never happen again. I am worried about scaring my record and getting into a good college. How do you predict this will pan out? Do u think this will be able to stop me from getting a job or into a good college? I want to be adoctor. I am so scared right now, I haven't eaten in days. Words can't even express the regret and sorrow I feel. Thanks for the help.
You may get lucky if you make restitution, pay the civil demand and admit your wrongdoing. However you will have to state that you were charged on your college applications IF it asks. And if you admit it, you will have to state you were convicted. This COULD interfere but may not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">