• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flag waves through shining sea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Izitsorong

CA

Hi,
Curious if anyone knows if having my american flag posted to my balconey and that once the wind hits it she flutters and this annoys the person next door. This person is leaving me notes taped to my home outside asking 'whoever owns this flag to move it, it's blocking their small ocean view.'

Personally I do not wish to move her, I placed her there (mecano'd her post to the balconey rail) for a reason - I can see her 'waving.' Now this person is claiming there are 'ordinances' out there. I checked with my friend who is a paralegal, he claims as long as it is posted on my property it wouldn't be a legality. The trouble is (for this annoyed person), the wind flutters her and she waves into the persons view and blows above the property line. Can I be sued? I know about trees growing over property lines and that homeowners are allowed to trim the side that affects them. Does this apply to my flag, will I have to move her in case she waves 4 inches over a property line? Does this make sense? Can someone offer a suggestion? Thank you for reading my post.

Last edited:

stephenk

Ok super patriot, try and be a good neighbor.

You can move the flag over so it doesn't flutter on her side of the balcony. Or better yet, buy a smaller flag to flutter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">