• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery of a car title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mommytoro

My State is Florida. My name was on a title with a friend of mine. I was making all the payments on the vehicle and paying the insurance, but I had to leave the state on business and I asked her to take care of the vehicle for me.
In January, I went to the tag agency to pay the taxes on my car I now own as well as that one because I received the card to pay both. To my surprise they said it was no longer in my name and they asked me did I not sign for the transfer of title. I did not!
I have court this week. It is a mediation in small claims on this case.
I have requested to her attorney to instruct her to bring a copy of the transfer of title.
Is there anything else I should do before mediation. What will happen if she forged my signature?
Advice please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">