• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this Fraud? or are they selectively picking winners?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Annony

I currently play a online game and have invested a large amount of cash. The game is called "Bigpoint" and their headquarters are in Germany. For the last 3 months I invested a big sum of cash and time to get a product out of a contest which they go for a period of 3 months which ended and ended 24th of March (Each 3 month period is called a "Season"). At the end of the 4th season I noticed a player had gotten this product for winning the contest which consisted of winning 1v1 season. I pursued to ask him and he sent me an email confirmation between himself and the game support in which they ruled on his behalf and awarded to him the product. I looked for the event rules for this contest to saw their was no exact description on how this product was achieved as their was a no official announcement clarifying it. I and many others in the server proceeded to go for this product in season 5 and did exactly what the previews player did to get the product. During this time, no official announcement was made relating this topic so I took into fact like the rest of the players in the server that this product was achievable under this method as it didn't come into conflict with the rules of the contest. At the end of the contest (3 months later) I was not rewarded this product and was told the product was to be achieved a different way. I showed them the email in which explicitly shows their conversation and them awarding the product to that player and they still said I had not won and in other words was told me that their developers had said so even though all proves said other wise (They offered me no evidence on their allegations).

My question is, Do I have a case here? They are located in another country, is their any laws that can help me? any help is greatly appreciated.

(Recently found out the reopened an office in San Francisco CA)

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

sandyclaus

I currently play a online game and have invested a large amount of cash. The game is called "Bigpoint" and their headquarters are in Germany. For the last 3 months I invested a big sum of cash and time to get a product out of a contest which they go for a period of 3 months which ended and ended 24th of March (Each 3 month period is called a "Season"). At the end of the 4th season I noticed a player had gotten this product for winning the contest which consisted of winning 1v1 season. I pursued to ask him and he sent me an email confirmation between himself and the game support in which they ruled on his behalf and awarded to him the product. I looked for the event rules for this contest to saw their was no exact description on how this product was achieved as their was a no official announcement clarifying it. I and many others in the server proceeded to go for this product in season 5 and did exactly what the previews player did to get the product. During this time, no official announcement was made relating this topic so I took into fact like the rest of the players in the server that this product was achievable under this method as it didn't come into conflict with the rules of the contest. At the end of the contest (3 months later) I was not rewarded this product and was told the product was to be achieved a different way. I showed them the email in which explicitly shows their conversation and them awarding the product to that player and they still said I had not won and in other words was told me that their developers had said so even though all proves said other wise (They offered me no evidence on their allegations).

My question is, Do I have a case here? They are located in another country, is their any laws that can help me? any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
Sorry. US Law Only.

Annony

Well I just found out they Just opened a new office in CA. They just moved I am guessing. So can you maybe give me an inside now?

OHRoadwarrior

They are not required to provide you proof. It is kind of like the companies that offer a yearly scholarship and any employee or their child is eligible to win. After investing several days writing your entry, the scholarship always ends up being awarded to someone tied to upper management.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Thank you for your time.
Sorry, this forum is for US law only.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
FYI, Bigpoint is not a game. And, they are free to give awards to anyone they wish.

Annony

FYI, Bigpoint is not a game. And, they are free to give awards to anyone they wish.
Yes they arent a game. They are a game portal site that has many games available to the public. Basically what I am asking is if they are they allowed under law to mislead people into a contest they dont want to reward the actual winner. Take their money, make them spend their time and then just tell them. "No you didnt win, Our Community manager said so and is the fact period". Without even providing any evidence to support their allegation as they know every evidence I provided them points against them (Example: their previews ruling in which explicitly describes their conversation with the previews winner and their official rules for the contest).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">