• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend does not pay for dining room set

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nat1968

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

We sold a dining room set, 1 table and 4 chairs, to a friend for $ 50 about 3 weeks ago. When he received it he claimed he did not have the money to pay for it but that we would get the money 2 days later. We still have not been paid until today and he is avoiding us because he owes us cash as well.

How can I get my table and the chairs back from him? There was not written contract but an oral one and my husband even delivered the dining room set to his adress.

Thank you

Hot Topic

So the guy owes you money, but instead of telling him you need him to pay for the furniture in advance, your husband just delivers it to him and takes his word he'll pay? Your "friend" has found himself a couple of suckers ripe for exploitation.

Take him to small claims court, sue for the cost of the furniture, the money he owes and your court fees. Then smarten up and realize he is NOT your friend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">