• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

friend needs help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

salcha

colorado.What is the name of your state?
My friend ordered a engine online.,he paid as asked.the engine never showed,he then called the seller in canada.some words were said and the seller told him to come and get his money!!! my friend needs to know can he file a small claims case in canada?, what is the time frame that needs to file,what is the max on filing for?,and what would the cost be?hes in it for $3000.00 and he has,nt alot of money,infact this was for his son and he took the money out of his retirement.:eek: ( ive sent this to a online attorney but they can choose not to answer if they so chose so I'm asking for any ideas.
Thank you.

ForFun

The lawsuit needs to be filed in Canada, which takes your post beyond the purview of this forum (I have no knowledge of the Canadian court system or of Canadian laws). :eek:

salcha

anything is appreciated

Thanks for taking the time to post,Im hoping someone out their has some knowledge about canada law or knows about a web site that is like this one with free advice from a lawyer or maybe a lawyer in that country? or online purchasing .:)
Thanks again
salcha

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">