• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend refuse to repay the loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethoven

What is the name of your state? MA

I offered help to my friend ($500) to pay her bills as she was in so much trouble. She lives in Marlborough.

I gave, having her words that she will pay back in few weeks, as she won lawsuit($4000) aganist her landlord for breaking her foot. She never even called me till now. I started calling her and she never speaks to me regarding money and will never pick up the phone. It is 3rd month now, i called her and sent text message till two weeks back, bcos i am in so much need of money now. One fine day she sent text message saying i will complain to police for harrassement charges, if i try to call her or text her. I am struck i don't know what to do. I am worried to call her, she may try to do something where i can lose my money. I am a foreigner and i am not sure who can help me in this matter. I don't know why people are very truthful when getting money, when it comes to paying back they show their real face.

I requested by email to pay back the money as per her convenience (like monthly) very politely every time. She hurts me replying that going to police or court is not gonna work. As i have only verbal agreement and the check as a proof and no written agreement. I am sure she is not gonna respond in future. I am also not sure going to small claims bcos if judge makes her to win then i may loose my entire money. Should i just wait or go to court?? Sametime i dont know what to do if she is not replying to my email and disconneting my phone.

Any advice how to proceed.

ThanksWhat is the name of your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">