• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

friend refuses to pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cncdlc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. ...VA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok...about a year and a half ago a friend of mine was moving into a new house...she was short on her closing costs by $300...being the good friend that i am i immediatley went to the ATM to withdraw the amount she needed and took it to her (it was the day of closing)...a lot of things have taken place since then so needless to say we are no longer friends...she paid $20 and stopped...to make a long story short she is refusing to pay me back and i do not feel she should be able to get away with this...i have a printed out email of her saying "i'm not going to pay you the money." what im wanting to know is if i have a case or if i go to court will i be wasting my time...i do not want to pay to process a claim and then go in there and loose...is my word and the email i have enough proof to win in court?? please help...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">