• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend wants to sue over Christmas gift

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erzsebeth36

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I received an XBox 360 as a Christmas gift this past year (Dec 06) from a friend and have since dissolved the friendship. He and his partner (who live in Michigan) sent me this message:

"since this friendship means nothing to u i am demanding all the xbox stuff mailed back immediatly or i will file a small claims case in our courts in mi against u iam giving u 1 week from todays date june 26 i cant believe u lied to me"

It has been just over six months since I received the gift (during a trip to Michigan). I have registered the game system with XBox in my own name and address and have photos of myself opening the present. Is this something I should worry about?What is the name of your state?

justalayman

a gift is an nonrevocable action unless there were conditions in which case, it isn;t really a gift.

Once a gift it given, it is the recievers to do with whatever they desire. Period. end of story.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">