• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

friends ruined over a wrecked car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

genasims

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california
I had asked my friend if I could borrow her truck to pick up a chair . She agreed but then asked if i didn't mind if she took my car to the charger game. I hesitated, but agreed. She called me in the morning to a ask if the front of my car was wrecked. I said no it wasn't. She said she didn't know how it could have happened. I told her to contact her insurance. She said who's ever car it is,that's who"s
insurance it should go thru. I then contacted my insurance. My deductible is 1,000. she agreed to pay it. But when the car was done she refused and said that she didn't do it. Therefore she is not liable for anything. Can I take her to small claims? I have friends that seen my car the night before and the morning of without damage of 2500.00 to the front end. She agreed to pay it and then in an email said because the market crashed she wouldn't be able to. What can I do?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Sue the bad person in small claims court.

Before you get to court, practice your presentation.

For example, this makes NO sense!

I had asked my friend if I could borrow her truck to pick up a chair which would have taken 30 minutes total. She agreed but then asked if she could take it to the charger game.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">