• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frivolous Parking Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Boomer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Court rules in favor of defendant (Baby Boomer) against plaintive city for frivolous parking ticket violation. Sure I get my $55.00 parking ticket back, but what about all the time, mileage, witness, and other expenses to fight this case? I actually asked the judge if I could use the plaintive city's evidence to begin my appeal in court. The plaintive city had the wrong address, a photo which does not identify car, location, time. The plaintive city changed the crime scene by painting the curve red (12 ft parking space)while we were in the appeal process, and this was done without noting this devious activity in their curb logbook as required by law. I am 98% disabled in a lot of pain all the time. My intent is to file claim for all my expenses in small claims court. What say you?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Court rules in favor of defendant (Baby Boomer) against plaintive city for frivolous parking ticket violation. Sure I get my $55.00 parking ticket back, but what about all the time, mileage, witness, and other expenses to fight this case? I actually asked the judge if I could use the plaintive city's evidence to begin my appeal in court. The plaintive city had the wrong address, a photo which does not identify car, location, time. The plaintive city changed the crime scene by painting the curve red (12 ft parking space)while we were in the appeal process, and this was done without noting this devious activity in their curb logbook as required by law. I am 98% disabled in a lot of pain all the time. My intent is to file claim for all my expenses in small claims court. What say you?
We say the same as we said in your last thread:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/small-claims-courts-24/small-claims-court-604886.html

Baby Boomer

California Department of Consumer Affairs

We say the same as we said in your last thread:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/small-claims-courts-24/small-claims-court-604886.html
Government entity — Before you can sue a government entity, you must send a written claim to the entity, called a "Government Code section 911.30 claim." If you do not file the 911.30 claim, the small claims court must reject or dismiss the action. If the claim is against the State of California, the 911.30 claim must be sent to the Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board (VCGCB); follow the instructions on its Web site at http://vcgcb.ca.gov/claims/. A 911.30 claim for personal injury or personal property damage must be sent to the government entity within six months. A 911.30 claim for breach of contract or injury to real property must be sent within one year. If the entity rejects the claim, you must usually file a court action within six months of the rejection or you'll lose your right to sue. Before you proceed, check with a small claims adviser.

Also, 99% of all city governments are "in fact" corporations. Small claims adviser said you can file claim against a California city after going through the above stated quote.
Can you show factual evidence for your opinion?

Last edited:

Zigner

Government entity — Before you can sue a government entity, you must send a written claim to the entity, called a "Government Code section 911.30 claim." If you do not file the 911.30 claim, the small claims court must reject or dismiss the action. If the claim is against the State of California, the 911.30 claim must be sent to the Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board (VCGCB); follow the instructions on its Web site at http://vcgcb.ca.gov/claims/. A 911.30 claim for personal injury or personal property damage must be sent to the government entity within six months. A 911.30 claim for breach of contract or injury to real property must be sent within one year. If the entity rejects the claim, you must usually file a court action within six months of the rejection or you'll lose your right to sue. Before you proceed, check with a small claims adviser.

Also, 99% of all city governments are "in fact" corporations. Small claims adviser said you can file claim against a California city after going through the above stated quote.
Can you show factual evidence for your opinion?
Nobody ever said you couldn't file. We said you aren't going to win. :rolleyes:

Baby Boomer

I am asking for factual evidence supporting any opinions you make concerning filing, winning in small claims court. Can you do it? Please pick one of the following: Yes or No

quincy

I am asking for factual evidence supporting any opinions you make concerning filing, winning in small claims court. Can you do it? Please pick one of the following: Yes or No
You don't have any idea how this forum works, do you, Baby Boomer? Please pick one of the following: Yes or No

Baby Boomer

If I am not participating properly within the workings of this forum, I want to know how to proceed in a correct manner in the future. Please enlighten me about how this forum works.

quincy

If I am not participating properly within the workings of this forum, I want to know how to proceed in a correct manner in the future. Please enlighten me about how this forum works.
So, I take it your answer is No. :)

First, you were already provided advice on your ticket in another like-thread. Now it appears (at least to me) that you are demanding that the volunteers provide you with additional information - evidence to support their opinions.

They don't have to.

In fact, the volunteers can start talking about the Seahawks if they want to.

I suggest that you take whatever is given and appreciate that anyone on this forum is willing to address your concerns at all.

Zigner

I'll play along.

Yes.

Now, the problem is that you didn't frame your question correctly ;)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Please! Don't get Pro started on the subject of the Seahawks. I can't take it any more! :D

Baby Boomer

Nice helicopters, IMO
"When the going gets tough, you showed your stuff." I would like to thank both of you for replying to my questions. I was just expecting something more than one's opinion, and now it is going in a different direction that is not constructive for all of us.
Best to both of you.

quincy

"When the going gets tough, you showed your stuff." I would like to thank both of you for replying to my questions. I was just expecting something more than one's opinion, and now it is going in a different direction that is not constructive for all of us.
Best to both of you.
Best to you, too, Baby Boomer.

TigerD

Best to both of you.
Can you show factual evidence that the small claims court proceedings apply to them?

You remember - the converse of the question you asked in https://forum.freeadvice.com/parking-tickets-non-moving-violations-44/red-zone-parking-violation-604137.html#post3250232
Can you show me the FACTUAL EVIDENCE to show me laws apply to me?
DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">