• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Full Circle: I Won Pro Se

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Esther Williams

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I was here a long time ago seeking help for my case. You can read about it on my webpage along with the horrible court transcript there, if you like. Or there is a condensed version I've placed on ripoffreport.com, search stella manberg wise.

I want to encourage others who've been cheated to stand up for what's right. But I'll warn you, it will take a lot of time for preparation. Time off of work, which I could spare since I work for myself. Cash outlay.

You will make stupid mistakes. Mine were that I 'forgot' to ask verbally for my money back in court and was awarded ZERO. But, on the other hand I never ever believed she would pay it anyhow. My true objective was the judgment, and that I did get!

I am now able to tell the world about what that woman put me and my family through and hopefully help warn others.

If you have any questions about going Pro Se and my experience I'll be happy to answer them.

Jennifer

dcatz

OP – We apparently met well over a year ago in this forum. I’ve now read your whole site, including the court transcript. I want to say congratulations. Your case far exceeded the bounds of a Small Claims action, and you were extremely composed and capable. (I won’t say ‘for a pro se’; you did as well and did more than defendant’s counsel.) You’re some tenacious lady.

I’m truly sorry for the procedural slip at the end that deprived you of your just financial reward. I’m even sorrier that your “wicket” turned out to be such a large and dangerous burden in your life.

With your site, I hope that karma will bring additional satisfaction.

moburkes

How many threads can you start on this same subject? It would have made more sense to find your old thread, and response there, instead of starting 2 NEW threads for this.

dcatz

Mo – no argument about continuing an old thread but, in the OP’s defense, she had 10 separate and distinct posts in 3 different forums (each properly pertaining to the subject matter of that forum) as the litigation developed. Continuing any one of them to report the conclusion would have been more confusing than what she did. I’m not saying it’s in accord with posting rules, but she did a lot of work here, she did a heck of a job litigating her case, and I enjoy knowing the results, rather than that they only be posted on Libel/Slander or Legal Ethics and possibly not seeing them.

Esther Williams

Dcatz, how incredibly kind of you. Yes, this was a battle worth fighting and I got what I was truly after, the judgment.

Thank you for your review of my court case and for taking the time to read through everything. Yes, this horse was indeed crazy. I was very fortunate that I found the previous owner and that she was willing to help me.

I have been kicked off of the breed forums for 'attacking' her. This meaning that I started a website to expose the truth! LOL, they all deserve each other!

Many thanks and I hope this will encourage others to pursue justice. It's out there but you sure have to work for it!

Jennifer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">