• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Future Small Claims Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smallSF

What is the name of your state? California

I live in CA, and might be taken to small claims court. If a judgment is ruled against me, will it be detrimental to my credit to not pay? Would the plaintiff need to take steps on their own to make sure that I pay the judgement?

Thanks for your response and this website!

smallSF said:
If a judgment is ruled against me, will it be detrimental to my credit to not pay?
It could (1) if plaintiff reports it to a credit reporting agency (CRA); (2) when the CRA finds the judgment at the court and reports it on its own; or (3) when the CRA discovers plaintiff put a lien on your home.

smallSF said:
Would the plaintiff need to take steps on their own to make sure that I pay the judgement?
Unless you pay the legal debt owed, yes. Bank levies, wage garnishments, liens, etc.

lovefish1

Future Small Claims Judgment

CA

Yes it will affect your credit. I do it for a living and in most cases it is reported to Credit Reporting Companies and it will not go away. Make payments to the creditor or if you believe it is unjust you can fight it in court.

Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">