• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GA. DL suspended for Small claims court FTA in AL. but AL. D.L. not suspended...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gildea69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I moved to MS. about 10 years ago and about 8 years ago I tried to get MS. D.L. they told me my license was suspended in GA. and AL. Well I just got a ticket for no license I told the cop they was suspended he said it wasn't showing suspended...so I called AL. yesterday and they confirmed they wasn't suspended.. so I tried to get MS D.L. again today and GA. says no I called them they said AL. has me for 2 FTA'S... so I'm a bit confused...my FTA'S is in AL. and license not suspended why is it in GA. and the FTA'S was from small claims court witch I knew nothing about.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I moved to MS. about 10 years ago and about 8 years ago I tried to get MS. D.L. they told me my license was suspended in GA. and AL. Well I just got a ticket for no license I told the cop they was suspended he said it wasn't showing suspended...so I called AL. yesterday and they confirmed they wasn't suspended.. so I tried to get MS D.L. again today and GA. says no I called them they said AL. has me for 2 FTA'S... so I'm a bit confused...my FTA'S is in AL. and license not suspended why is it in GA. and the FTA'S was from small claims court witch I knew nothing about.
Sooner or later, it all catches up to you.

quincy

You have been driving in MS for 8 years without a license?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Just the last year
No, you have been driving without a valid MS license for nearly 10 years. In order to drive legally in MS, you are required to get a MS license within 60 days of becoming a resident.

justalayman

Your license does not get suspended for a failure to appear in a small claims court. There must be something else as the cause for the suspension.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your license does not get suspended for a failure to appear in a small claims court. There must be something else as the cause for the suspension.
Perhaps the OP failed to appear in court for a case that resulted in a judgment against the OP relating to an automobile accident and the OP hasn't paid the judgment...

(Just spitballing here)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">