• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Garnish wages?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anticrom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
I signed a lease on a house and a few days later we found out the house had no certificate of occupancy. WE called in the city to do an inspection and they deemed the house unlivable and issued an order to vacate. I do not expect the landlord to return our $1500 deposit as we requested. I'm pretty sure we will win in small claims court, but what happens when she still refuses to pay us our money? Will small claims court help us garnish her wages? will we need to seek legal advice from a lawyer? Thanks for your help!

anticrom

I have the landlords address but I dont know any information that would help me collect such as which bank she uses, where she works, etc... Im I legally able to follow her around and see where she goes? Isnt stalking illegal?

anticrom

Sorry..
I originally posted asking about real estate, and then decided to also post in "small claims" when I had additional questions. thanks for ur help tho

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">