• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

garnishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anglin_82

What is the name of your state? indiana
is there a limit on your income for a garnishment? if so what is the least amount that you would have to make for a garnishment?

H

hexeliebe

You need to ask the circuit court clerk

in your county but where I live in Tennessee, the total amount of all garnishments (whether it's 1 or 100) cannot exceed 50% of the garnishee's income.

JETX

Hex, just when you were getting good.... you dropped one step on the 'ladder'. :) :)
Your post about what applies in Tennessee has no bearing on the question asked (about Indiana) and, therefore, is useless.

Back to 'anglin' questions:
"is there a limit on your income for a garnishment?"
*** Yes.

"if so what is the least amount that you would have to make for a garnishment?"
*** The garnishment exemption for Indiana is:
75% of disposable earnings for work week or the amount of 30 x fed. min. hourly wage, whichever is greater.

Therefore, if you make less than 30 times the federal minimum wage, the wages are exempt from garnishment.

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

OUCH!!!

well, at least it wasn't the food chain....if I slep anymore on that ladder I'd be fodder for the fishes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">