• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

garnishment of debts ex responsible for

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cinderellamm

What is the name of your state? washington

my ex husband did not pay the debts the courts put him responsible for in our final divorce decree. now they are garnishing my wages. i can't pay these bills, i seldom get child support and have four kids to take care of. i understand i have to pay them, community property state. what can i do to make him responsible too. if i pay it all, it will be almost $9000 when i am done. how long do i have to sue him if that is my only choice. i just want him to pay his share. i don't know where he works and the collection agencies said they were not looking for him since i am paying them. he lives with another woman and puts all his money in her bank. phone is even in her name. they don't call and ask him for anything on there debts. the last one to come after me is even taking from me for medical bills he incurred after moving out of the house but before legally seperated. i am paying these bills i just mainly need to know how do i go about collecting it back from him. we split them down the middle and i am paying more then my share now. thanks for any help you can give me.

Ladynred

Take him back to divorce court - he's in contempt of the court order to pay the debts and he can be made to pay them. Same goes for child support - don't LET him get away with that !

C

cinderellamm

as far as the child support goes support enforcement is finally involved. he has been working under the table until recently and was hard to track down his employer. if i take him back to court will they force him to pay the bills and pay me back as well. i am at the point that i may not have a home next month because of this. what they take from me every month and with the child support not having been coming i was losing over $1300 every month. i can't make that up anymore. do i just file contempt of court order papers. i have filed them in the past for his not paying the child support and not standing by the parenting plan. also we were fighting so much the judge said we had to attend a class called putting children in the middle before we could file anymore contempt papers. do you think this would apply to that. i can't even pay the $40 for the class right now. and its not about the kids, its about his bills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">