• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Garnishment Of Wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ann watson

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

a judgement was filed and not even a month has gone by, i am trying to get the money together and have most, but because i didn't do it to suite the person he is attempting to garnish my wages. I am haveing a hard enough time paying him back and makeing ends meet is this legal. p.s. this is a private indivedual

JETX

His garnishment of your wages is allowed, but does seem a little premature.

Why not contact him and give him an alternative to wage garnishment. Tell him you will pay him half of his judgment today and the other half in full, in 4 (or 6 weeks). This will very likely be acceptable since it is far less trouble (and quicker) than he would get in garnishing your wages. Heck, you might even be able to negotiate him down a little in his amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">