• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Georgia Verbal Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anthonyanzalone

What is the name of your state? GEORGIA

Hello, and thank you in advance to all replies.

My friend gave her exboyfriend about $2000. $700 was transferred by draft from one checking account to another. There was only a verbal agreement spoken only between the former couple. Family and a couple friends knew of the 'loan.' There is no written contract/proof. One payment made by bank transfer and one by cash. Totaling about $300. The only law information on verbal agreements that I could find by googling was the 4 year SOL. All of this has happened within the last 10 months.
Will a judgement be made in favor of the plaintiff based on 'her word against his'. Or will this case not hold up without written contract?

Hope I've provided enough information for the most accurate answers.

JETX

anthonyanzalone said:
Will a judgement be made in favor of the plaintiff based on 'her word against his'. Or will this case not hold up without written contract?
Of course, no one can answer either of those questions as we have no idea what evidence each party might be able to present to the court. The only thing to do is to file the case and, if the defendant shows up, let the court decide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">