• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

get my money back for dog??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angel4477

What is the name of your state? NJ

I had paid for a dog that was to be for my boyfriend and I to own jointly. He knew he wasn't going to stay inthe relationship and let me pay anyway. We broke up one month after the dog arrived. Now I want the money back. I have the contract and pedigree papers and the receipt from the money order for $1500. He has the dog which resides with him at his residence. Do you think I stand a chance suing him for the money for the dog which he now owns aloneWhat is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Q: Do you think I stand a chance suing him for the money for the dog which he now owns alone?

A: You won't know till you take him to small claims court. And, by the way, the judge has already heard that story if he's been on the bench for more than a week. So be prepared to show your evidence.

By the way, it would be cheaper if you'd call your whatever and offer the papers, etc. for a flat $(x).

Do some negotiation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">