• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Get My PHone Back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bknapp

Virginia

First off I want to make note I am a minor currently the age of 15 years old. So with that I recently purchased an iPhone 4s with my own money. I did use my phone under my mothers contract with Verizon but the phone was and is mine. One day my mom takes my phone because I missed one day of practice for crew. She has told me that I will not be getting it back and that it is hers. She has now told me she is selling it and knowing her I bet she probably will. What can I do? Do I have any claim towards this I know I am a minor but she did take my property that I bought with my own money.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Virginia

First off I want to make note I am a minor currently the age of 15 years old. So with that I recently purchased an iPhone 4s with my own money. I did use my phone under my mothers contract with Verizon but the phone was and is mine. One day my mom takes my phone because I missed one day of practice for crew. She has told me that I will not be getting it back and that it is hers. She has now told me she is selling it and knowing her I bet she probably will. What can I do? Do I have any claim towards this I know I am a minor but she did take my property that I bought with my own money.
Oh well. Guess you'll do what you're supposed to do next time. :cool:

justalayman

So, you signed the contract to purchase the phone?

It's not your phone but even if it was, your mother has the right to not allow you to use, or even own a phone. Ask her for the money once she sells the thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">