• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting legal documents from parents.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjedwards90

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I am not sure if this is where it goes but I need help. I have not lived with my parents for a year 1/2 but they still have some of my stuff, which is not super important and some legal documents. I know that they have my immunization record, adoption papers (My mom adopted me when I was 4 or 5), possibly some bonds, and who knows what else. I have tried to get a copy of my immunization record so I could go back to school but they never sent one. Luckily my high school still had a copy but I really want to know if they have anything important, like if I actually have bonds there. I looked thru some papers when I lived there and thought I saw them but am unsure now whether the were mine or not. I am not on good terms with my parents and am at my limit of letting them pull me around. As far as they know I am waiting on them to give me my immunization record before I can start school. (just to show you how they are trying to "get" me). Any advice on how to get the documents or how to prove I have bonds there, because if I can do that I will take them to court over that. I am 20 years old with a 6 month old daughter, I need all the money I can get!
Thanks

Isis1

As adult, you are privy to ALL that information. However, there is nothi g requiring mom and dad to give you THEIR copies. Except y
The adoption papers. I am almost positive that would depend on whether or not it was an open or closed adoption. You should be able to get a. Opy of your birth certificate from your vital records office. All these documents can be obtained by you with the assistance or cooperation of your parents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">