• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting rent from friends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jared__

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KENTUCKY

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

I was the lease-signer for a house with 3 other people just paying me rent and I would be the one who would pay the owner. Well, it turned out that 2/3 people are shady and ended up owing me close to $1300 after the lease was up.

I, being the trusting kind, didn't make them sign any papers saying that they would pay rent, but the 1 good person who paid witnessed the agreement between all of us.

I have text message logs, facebook logs, and checks made out to me from the time they did pay. I also kept track of a spreadsheet of all their payments, when they were, and how much they owed.

My question is, what else do I need for my small claims court case against them? Do I have enough to win this?

Thanks again for any input you have

jared__

I wasnt trying to be a landlord. i don't own the house, i was just the one who collected my other roomates' rent and consolidated them to pay the real landlord.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">