• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting stuff back from ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

IgnorantWT

What is the name of your state? ohio
My girlfriend has 2 young daugters and has broken up with their father last September. They lived with each other for 10 years. He is currently in jail. They were never married. She wants to retrieve some of the items at his house. Mostly the items for the daughters and some of the items she has purchased but left there. Whenever she talks to her ex-boyfriend about getting these items, he SAYS that she can. But, in order for her to do so, she has to get HIS mother to use her key to open the house up. Each time my girlfriend asks the mother to do so, the mother insists that she has already sold some of the items or argues that the items are not my girlfriends to take. What can be done? Legally.

JETX

Have the ex give her signed written 'permission' to enter the premises and describe EXACTLY what property she is allowed to take. In fact, she could write the 'permission' herself and list what property she wants to recover. Be specific. Then, send it to him for signature and return.

This will also protect her against any claims of 'theft' being made later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">