• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting sued by my ex girlfriend.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Some_Idiot

Oregon.

I just received small claim paper that was dated back to October 11th, 2010.
It has my parent's address on it, but my name is on it as well. I do not live on that address. Is it still able to sue me?
(I got tricked by my "friend" and got handed that claim paper with unstamped postage and wrong address from 'sender' ((I looked it up)) )
I'd like to avoid this situation because it's full of **** drama between me and my ex-girlfriend.

And secondly, her new boyfriend is a lawyer. They're suing me for "Bad check was written and bounced" - (I might have wrote a bad check [for first time] for my ex-girlfriend. I've been paying rents while she have no job. But I had identity problem and don't have credit card to pay the rent, so I gave her the check and have her pay for it. Been like that for a year [I normally give her cash and she banks it] when we were dating. I'm not sure how to have evidence on me doing that. Is counter-claim possible? If so, what do I need?

And the sum on the check is different than the amount stated on the paper:
"I, Plaintiff, claim that on or about October 11th, 2010, the above named defendant owed me the sum of $777. ---"
It was 650$.

If I'm still guilty, but I do not have money to pay on March 2nd, what if I admit you owe the claim, but don’t have enough money to pay it off. Is there's a plan for me to pay monthly?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">