• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gift?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tuna376

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana, My question is, A lady freind in kentucky bought me a computer as a gift and other misc. things and I told her I did't want the computer, I told her to save your money, But she wanted to do it cause she got her one, I didn't sign a paper or nothing of a sort., can she sue me.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana, My question is, A lady freind in kentucky bought me a computer as a gift and other misc. things and I told her I did't want the computer, I told her to save your money, But she wanted to do it cause she got her one, I didn't sign a paper or nothing of a sort., can she sue me.
Sure she can. She would have to sue you in your jurisdiction and she would have to prove her case. The fact that she can sue you, does not mean she will win.

sandyclaus

Ok, I'm certifiably confused here :confused:

The way I read your question, your lady friend wants to buy you a computer as a gift and you don't want the gift. So I don't understand why she would be threatening to sue you.

Is it because she purchased the computer despite being told you didn't want it, you refused it, and now she can't return it for a refund herself? Is she now saying she is going to sue you for the value of the gift because she can't get the money back herself?

A gift is a gift. It is given with no obligation to the receiver. That means that if the gift item was purchased but refused by the intended recipient, then there is no financial obligation to the intended recipient, as there never was such an obligation created in the first place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">