• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gifts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ebolavoodoo

I live in California

I have had a stocker (female) continuously emailing me and calling me (flooding my voicemail box) for the past 20 months. She hired someone to find my (unlisted) address and mailed me a Kaplan review study book and class and a dog book. I told her numerous times I didn't wan't the books/class. Finally after 9 months, I agreed to meet her to pick up the certificate for the class. When I met her, she said he was refunded the class minus the book fee (which i had). For my troubles, she gave me a $100 gift card. I tried to refuse it, but she insisted, saying it was a gift from her to me. She agreed never to contact me again. Two weeks later, she calls and emails me repeatedly non-stop saying she got two motorcycle race tickets for us. I NEVER called her or emailed her to say I was interested. I was hoping avoiding her would give her the hint. Days after the race, she states she may take me to small claims court to get back her money for the book, gift card, and race tickets. I told her they were gifts and she wouldnt win. Am I right? Help! Please!:( p.s. Monday, I am placing a restraining order on her.

Last edited:

Ebolavoodoo

any help?

Can anyone answer this one. I read other posts concerning gifts and it sounds like a gift is a gift and cannot be taken back through court. I just want someone to verify this. Thank you

moburkes

And you think it will help your case HOW that you ACCEPTED gifts from this crazy "stocker", as you call her, but you want her to legally not be allowed anywhere near you-so that she can't snatch the gift card of your hand, or something?

Don't you think that if you return the gifts that she gives you, that you may very well be on your way to getting rid of her?

Ebolavoodoo

not so helpful

Do you really think that returning gifts to a stalker will just make her go away? That is why she is a stalker. She has come up with a hundred reasons to make contact with me daily (10+ voice mails a day). Wanting her gifts back is just another excuse. When I did try to give them back before, she refused to take them. I have done everything in the book to keep her from contacting me. Thanks for the useless answer Moburkes. Hope you arent a lawyer. God help us if you are!

moburkes

Your concern in your original post (please re-read it) is about the gifts, NOT about her being a stalker. Did YOU realize that when you wrote it? I was responding to that. You did not ask for help in any fashion, in regards to her being a stalker.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">