• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Girl Stole My Wallet, $700 Missing, Admited to Police...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

corey240

What is the name of your state? West Virginia (Incident happend in maryland though)

So i was staying at my friends house and i had roughly $740 in my wallet. I was gona use it the next day for car parts, when I went to sleep the wallet was in my pocket. I wake up the next day, its gone. So I gave it 3-4 days to search the house and all that good stuff, didnt find it. So then I went ahead and did a police report.

So nothing happens for roughly 2-4 days, so I called to check on the case with the officer, (BTW: there was only 4 people in the house that could have done it which i told the names to the officer and all they'r info, we will say my friend was James, his bro is Eric, Erics gf is Jane, and other friend is Dustin) anyway, the officer says the next thing is to set-up the polygraph tests. So I called James and told him to tell his bro and girl thats coming up, if they did it then turn up the info.

So that night I get home and sign on MSN messenger on the wifes account, later about 3 hours jane signs on. We have a conversation in which I DID save, but anyway she says "I found the wallet the other day by the trash cans and it was empty, I threw it away because I got scared". So the next day I called James (my friend, and btw owner of the house everyone was staying at), I said yea Jane said she found my wallet by the trash cans, James says "I dont have trash cans, and the day she said she found it even if I did have them, they wouldnt have been out cuz trash went the day befor" .

So I call the officer and tell him about the conversation and waht James said on the trash cans. He says ok well he was gona call me in an hour anyway to scheduel the tests. So I gave him my info and he calls James, then calls Eric, and then talks to Jane through Erics phone. Right after that Jane tells James that she took the wallet and if I dont press charges she will have it back. So I said ok you have 60 days. The cop said befor that no mater what because she is under-age (17), she will be charged. She also did admit to the police and all that she did steal the wallet.

So now im at a stand still. The officer says its up to juvenil services whether i get the money back or not. So because she is underage I figured I would try and settle the hole thing out of court on the money. I contact her mom and she is smart a** about the whole situation and says she didnt take it, shes not giving it back. Now the girl is turning 18 in 4 months. So what do I need to do to get my money back? Should I, or can I take her to small claims court now or soon? Or will I have to wait out the hole criminal process?

I have the hole conversation with her mother on video, if its needed i can post a link of it on here. Any info will help. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">