• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

given property without permission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buckwaverhaven

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My ex girlfriend recently bought me out from a house we owned together. The transaction took place about 1 1/2 years ago. I had a boat parked on the property and told her when I have a chance, I will get my boat. She said ok no rush . After about 1.5 years, I went up to get my boat and learned that she gave it away. She said that it was junk and bringing her property value down and per her realtor, she needed to get rid of it. She gave it away about 5 months ago to her sons friend. She told me that it was gone and not to bother her or her son with this matter or she will file harassment charges. I was shocked! She did not call me , send me a letter or stop by my house. She said that she did not know where I was and she had no choice. What bullsh-- because she knows where I live and has the address. My question is, what are my options? The Sheriffs dept said that it's a civil matter. What are my chances? All I want is my boat back and her son knows where it's located, Can anyone please help?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">