• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Go it Alone or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mauee20

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I am planning to take a deadbeat renter to small claims for back rent due.

I feed good about the lease and my case but I have never done this before. Would it be a good idea to find an attorney?

Thanks.

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I am planning to take a deadbeat renter to small claims for back rent due.

I feed good about the lease and my case but I have never done this before. Would it be a good idea to find an attorney?

Thanks.
Small claims court is an informal peoples court .

Look up your State Laws regarding LL/tenant law , and where to file .

On a side note: We do not know how much of a dead beat the alleged dead beat is .

Therefore ,would it be worth it to you to hire and pay an attorney ?

Judgments however can last years and be renewed .

Be sure to prove your claims.

Last edited:

Gail in Georgia

Georgia tends to be a landlord friendly state. Our Small Claims is typically known as Magistrates court.

You can attend this court as a spectator to see how it is run. Many cases heard there involve landlord/tenant issues and are handled quickly.

Gail

mauee20

ty Gail

Hi Gail,

Yes i got a lawyer and going for an eviction and judgement on his advice. I think the tenant may bolt this weekend but not sure yet. What happens when a tenant runs before the eviction?

ty

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">