• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

going to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vercellotti

What is the name of your state? Florida
I have been supenod to go to court for a credit card debt.The amount is in the amount of 2,400.00.can i go to jail for this?And if i am not able to pay what will happen?
Thank you

HomeGuru

vercellotti said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
I have been supenod to go to court for a credit card debt.The amount is in the amount of 2,400.00.can i go to jail for this?

**A: maybe. Did you steal someones card and charge stuff? Or is it your own card that you used to buy stuff and did not repay the credit card company?

And if i am not able to pay what will happen?
Thank you

**A: it depends.

JETX

"I have been supenod to go to court for a credit card debt.The amount is in the amount of 2,400.00.can i go to jail for this?"
*** Assuming that this is simply your unpaid debt, no. We got rid of 'debtors prisons' long ago (but should consider bringing them back!!).

"And if i am not able to pay what will happen?"
*** The 'winner' (judgment creditor) can take action to enforce his judgment. Within state exemption laws, this could include garnishing your wages and/or seizing your non-exempt assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">