• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

got an award now to get my money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KidzMom

What is the name of your state? NC

I lent a friend some money. She never paid it back so I took her to court. I won. It has been a few months now and she hasn't paid anything. What is my next step to be able to get my money back?

Thanks for any help.

JETX

I lent a friend some money. She never paid it back so I took her to court. I won. It has been a few months now and she hasn't paid anything. What is my next step to be able to get my money back?
Winning a judgment is often the easiest part of the process. Trying to enforce it is often the hardest... especially if the debtor has no non-exempt assets.

There are several possible remedies... depending on the full facts of the debtor.
Read 'The Plaintiff - Getting What is Owed You' at: http://www.aoc.state.nc.us/magistrate/small_claims.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">