• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got towed in housing within 24hrs and had permit.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

towed21

California

Non-gated community homes.

There is a sign that says no public parking, private property, vehicles will be subject to associate rules etc. (police/tow number)

Oct 24 3:00am, receive warning notice that car should be on "safelist"
(you can register safelist online and it gets processed. Then you put printed confirmation on your dash to park for 3 days)

Notice was weathered from water(paper notice) and hard to read. Pretty illegible tow warning.

Went out and got back home around Oct 25 2:00AM (so, the next night).

"Agent of owner" reports vehicle at ~4:00AM... but I registered safelist at 4:15AM.

Car gets towed at 4:50AM.

What do you guys think? I read over these rules, but not sure what to do... I feel cheated somehow, but was I just lazy at 2:00AM to get on safelist? I really didn't even know they were going to tow here because the cheap notice seemed so unofficial and illegible.

V C Section 22658 Removal From Private Property
*Issued a notice and 96 hours have elapsed?*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">