• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GPS Stolen - tow truck left vehical unlocked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kentiler

Hi,

I'm going to be going to Small Claims Court in a few days to try to get compensated for my lost GPS. I believe the tow truck company left the vehicle unlocked overnight in the body shop's parking lot, and the GPS was stolen due to their neglect. The vehicle did not have any damage done to it, and the power was out due to a dead battery by the time the vehicle was picked up.

I asked the tow truck driver if I needed to go with them to drop the vehicle off. They said no, and I confirmed they would lock the vehicle. I'm assuming they tried to do that with the remote keys, but since the battery was dead, it didn't lock. I told the driver the battery was dead before I left, too.

Is there a way to find past cases similar to this where a towing company was found responsible for things stolen if they left a vehicle unlocked?

The service place has documented that the vehicle was unlocked when they first got in that morning.

Thank you!

--Kent

kentiler

Court in 2 hours...

No responses? I have court in 2 hours and was hoping for some tips.

Thanks!

--Kent

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">