• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guy still wants to take me to court.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fxh_legato

California
Heres whats going on. A few weeks ago i had an an "altercation" in which i ended up damaging someones car. We talked it over and decided to settle out of court. I told him "I can give you $300 cash for the damages to your car, if that doesnt work for you than im sorry we couldnt come to an agreement and we will have to settle this in court" He agreed to settle out of court for $300. I gave him the money and shook his hand. Almost immediately after we shook hands he changed his mind and said "im taking you to court anyways" then he drove off. I have The entire facebook conversation of him agreeing to settle out of court for $300 saved on my computer, I also have video footage of the transaction taking place. And bank statements showing i withdrew the money. Is there anything he can do? Is he just going to be wasting his money?

ecmst12

All he has to do is show that the cost to repair his car was more than what you gave him. It's not like you got a signed release.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">