• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hand Made Quilt Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quilted

What is the name of your state? This occurred in Illinois. On May 30, 2003 I paid a woman $250 for a quilt that she made for me. I waited 6 months for this quilt. I immediately noticed pattern markings all over the quilt. The woman said that these are water soluable marks and they will wash out. The markings did not wash out at all. I contacted her and she basically told me too bad and there is nothing she can do about it. I have been in contact with her several times since asking for help to get these markings out and she keeps refusing. I have taken the quilt to 2 cleaners specializing in quilt cleaning and both could not remove the markings. I also consulted with 3 quilters who all say that the woman who made the quilt used a pencil to make the pattern markings and not a water soluable quilting pen. They also tell me that when they make a quilt they never give it to a customer with all the markings. These are to be removed after the quilt is finished. I called the woman with this info and I now find out that she was not the one who finished the quilt. She then tells me she checked with this other woman and she did not use a pencil. But she couldn't tell me what this woman used to mark the quilt. I haven't talked to the woman for about 8 months now. Can I sue her in small claims or is it too late?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">