• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Handbag Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stacysillinger

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I purchased handbags (Louis Vuitton) thinking that they were real because I was told seriously that they were. So, I've recently decided to sell them and some authentic Dooneys as well, one lady bought 2 of them and a wallet. Later emails me and says that they aren't real.. disputing and such going on and I'm not exactly sure where I stand in this. It was an honest statement that I had made, sure that they are real, and I also had the one that I knew was fake listed as fake, if I would've known that the other 2 Louis Vuitton handbags were fake I would've listed them that way as well. I am always honest and respectful when selling things from home. I am not a wholesaler or buy in bulk lots, I buy my things and my childrens things and when we no longer use them, I sell them. I do not ever buy fake handbags to resale for more money intentionally. Please help me, can't sleep, eat, and I've never been in trouble or in a situation to where I have to worry about where I will be tomorrow.

stacysillinger

Handbag help

Well, I will wait and see what happens with this, because I purchased them second hand also and were told that they were absolutely real. I'm trying to locate the ladies who I bought them from and of course, no luck. I do not ever sell things that are fake for real, I would be just as upset also, and I am at this time, because I was passed these off as real when I bought them too. I didn't sell them on an auction or my own website, I posted them for sale under a free advertising website, and I've never been able to get money back if an item was misrepresented or didn't match listing. Its unfair of the things we go through thinking everything is fine and then its back in your face, when I sold them how I purchased them. What she had paid for them, is around prices they are selling the fakes for. Not saying that its ok, I'm just not falling into a trap of anyone elses again. If I can't buy my handbags from a store where I know they are 100% authentic, then I obviously don't need them. She knew that I bought them from other women and not a store, I had no idea that there was a chance that they were fake, I would've listed them that way if I did, just like the other handbag. I had no intentions on selling fake for real, and if she's an expert or knows Louis Vuitton the way she led on when emailed me, then you would think she would've been able to tell the difference. I never did anything wrong, I am trying to find out ways to help get the fake handbags from being sold anywheres. Even if I have to get with someone here in my home town that is exactly what I will do, and start petitions for people like me, who are taken for what are supposed to be real and aren't. It is very unfair that we end up paying for it in the end.

Just Blue

Well, I will wait and see what happens with this, because I purchased them second hand also and were told that they were absolutely real. I'm trying to locate the ladies who I bought them from and of course, no luck. I do not ever sell things that are fake for real, I would be just as upset also, and I am at this time, because I was passed these off as real when I bought them too. I didn't sell them on an auction or my own website, I posted them for sale under a free advertising website, and I've never been able to get money back if an item was misrepresented or didn't match listing. Its unfair of the things we go through thinking everything is fine and then its back in your face, when I sold them how I purchased them. What she had paid for them, is around prices they are selling the fakes for. Not saying that its ok, I'm just not falling into a trap of anyone elses again. If I can't buy my handbags from a store where I know they are 100% authentic, then I obviously don't need them. She knew that I bought them from other women and not a store, I had no idea that there was a chance that they were fake, I would've listed them that way if I did, just like the other handbag. I had no intentions on selling fake for real, and if she's an expert or knows Louis Vuitton the way she led on when emailed me, then you would think she would've been able to tell the difference. I never did anything wrong, I am trying to find out ways to help get the fake handbags from being sold anywheres. Even if I have to get with someone here in my home town that is exactly what I will do, and start petitions for people like me, who are taken for what are supposed to be real and aren't. It is very unfair that we end up paying for it in the end.
You listed a fake as the real thing...Fraud...Just give her the money back and have her return the bags...You have the option of going after the person that sold them to you...or not.

ForFun

Well, I will wait and see what happens with this, because I purchased them second hand also and were told that they were absolutely real.

I posted them for sale under a free advertising website, and I've never been able to get money back if an item was misrepresented or didn't match listing. Its unfair of the things we go through thinking everything is fine and then its back in your face, when I sold them how I purchased them. What she had paid for them, is around prices they are selling the fakes for.

She knew that I bought them from other women and not a store, I had no idea that there was a chance that they were fake, I would've listed them that way if I did, just like the other handbag. I had no intentions on selling fake for real, and if she's an expert or knows Louis Vuitton the way she led on when emailed me, then you would think she would've been able to tell the difference.
These excuses do not hold water. You made an untrue claim about an item that induced another person to buy. The fact that you ignorantly believed the handbag to be genuine does not become your buyer's problem.

In the future, do not make claims that you cannot back up. Instead, list the item like this: "...was told that it is genuine when I purchased the handbag, but I do not make any such representations or guarantees." At least then your buyer would be given a heads up as to the true situation (that you were told it's real, but have no personal knowledge).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">