• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment and my Civil Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlp17603

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hi Everyone -

I posted a situation where I sold a dog to my friend, she stopped payment on the check she gave me, and I am in the process of taking her to small claims court. I have also posted that this grown woman is posting all kinds of nasty things about me on her website. She never states my name, but the posts describe the situation that is going on between us, and she makes really nasty remarks about me and my family. This has been going on for over 2 weeks, where every day she posts something negative about me and my family. This is causing us a lot of grief. Its not as simple as not looking at her page, b/c we are alerted by other friends of ours of the stuff she is putting on her page. Which, is quite sensitive to us because it describes family problems we have had in the past, and brings up bad memories for us all. I have not contacted her about this in the hopes that she would just give up, but obviously she is not going to lose interest any time soon. My question - is there a way to make her stop? Will this ad weight to the civil case I have against her?

Thank you all so much for your help. I am not a petty or immature person, however I can no longer allow this harassment to affect my families and my well being.

sandyclaus

Additional damages?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hi Everyone -

I posted a situation where I sold a dog to my friend, she stopped payment on the check she gave me, and I am in the process of taking her to small claims court. I have also posted that this grown woman is posting all kinds of nasty things about me on her website. She never states my name, but the posts describe the situation that is going on between us, and she makes really nasty remarks about me and my family. This has been going on for over 2 weeks, where every day she posts something negative about me and my family. This is causing us a lot of grief. Its not as simple as not looking at her page, b/c we are alerted by other friends of ours of the stuff she is putting on her page. Which, is quite sensitive to us because it describes family problems we have had in the past, and brings up bad memories for us all. I have not contacted her about this in the hopes that she would just give up, but obviously she is not going to lose interest any time soon. My question - is there a way to make her stop? Will this ad weight to the civil case I have against her?

Thank you all so much for your help. I am not a petty or immature person, however I can no longer allow this harassment to affect my families and my well being.
How have you been damaged by these posts on her website? Yes, they are published, but unless you can quantify (in dollars and cents) damages you've sustained (loss of income, affects your job, loss of friends, some financial impact) then it's only adding fuel to an already existing fire between you and the person writing the posts. It may show what kind of person she is, but doesn't really do much for your case.

mlp17603

That's basically what I wanted to use them for, to show that she is a spiteful person and did indeed intend to not pay me for the dog she bought. In one of her posts she is replying to a certified letter I sent her about non-payment of the dog and the post says : "Your letter means nothing to me. You aint getting a dime, b***h". I can use that in court, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">