• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LIZAMTAMPA

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi, I am in Tampa Florida and have a general question. My exfriend is sending his family after me... He is 36 deaf and I told him to leave me alone yesterday and today his family called me to ask me what was going on. He told his family I have been using him for money. He helped me put new carpet in my home and I told him I would pay him.. No agreement. Well he decided that he would just give it to me as a gift. He sent me an email that I still have stating this.

Well, now his family wants me to pay him back for everything he has bought for me. We have no contracts... the things he bought were from his heart.. and now he is pissed and trying to make me look bad..

What grounds does he have. Can he sue Me ? I am so upset and don't know how to feel.

L

LIZAMTAMPA

one more thing

Today because I was afraid ... I sent him an email and told him I would pay him 50 a month. does this hold in court. I did this because I was afraid of being harrassed...

JETX

"What grounds does he have."
*** We have no idea what grounds he might have. That would be determined by a lawsuit if one.....

"Can he sue Me ?"
*** Of course he can sue you. That is one of the great freedoms we have.... that anyone can sue almost anyone over almost anything.

"I sent him an email and told him I would pay him 50 a month. does this hold in court."
*** Yep, if he does this properly, your email could be used to confirm his basic argument.... that the funds were in fact loans and not gifts.

stephenk

why, why, why?

how long are you going to pay $50/month? what is the total amount they want from you?

I would send an email rescinding your offer and tell them to let their son deal with his own problems. Let him file a small claim action. Judges hear the old boyfriend-girlfriend gift-loan cases all the time. Unless there is something in writing between the parties reflecting a loan or a party admits the other person loaned them money, judges deny the claims left and right.

You should also send them a letter demanding that they no longer contact you in person, by phone, email or regular mail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">