• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment in Las Vegas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbbb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NV

Hi. I have been being harrassed by my uncle and aunt and two tennants in my house for over a year. One of the tennant has gone out and revved her car while I was getting something out of the car. They have gone into the kitchen downstairs and banged untensils until I was breathing heavily and having anxienty every day they did it. They have made there dogs bark constantly everyday. I brought my stuff upstairs to live and they started to bang on my door and making the dogs bark by my door and putting a smoke detector with low batteries on top of my door and turning up their speakers so my floor vibrates to the point I'm sleep talking every night. Can I sue whem for emotional distress? Can I sue them all for 10,000$ or do I need to take them to court individually? What can I sue them for? I am 20.

racer72

You must mitigate any potential damages before you could even consider suing. The first thing would be obtaining a restraining order against those that are alledgedly harrassing you. Due to the nature of a restraining order, this would mean that one of 2 things would have to happen, either you or the others would have to move. Guess who the court would suggest to be the one moving? Look in a mirror. Otherwise take a bunch of money, somewhere around $5000 would be a good start, and hire an attorney to represent you in court. It will be highly doubtful you would win anything close to this in court though.

tranquility

There is little or no chance you would win at all, but if you did, it would depend on how much your damages are. How much (in dollars) have you been hurt?

racer72

Harrassment and your other alledged wrongs are not actionable in small claims court. You would have to sue in a higher court, this would require the services of an attorney. That is what I suggested in my previous post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">