• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have to pay? Can I appeal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tulazik

What is the name of your state?Ontario, Canada

I fixed and sold a rebuilt 2003 GMC Envoy privately. I advertised it in the paper......not mentioning that it was rebuilt. When the buyer came and looked at the car, he requested that I get him a Buyers Beware Package, which I did and in the package, it clearly states the condition of the vehicle and its previous accidents. He looked at the package and drove the vehicle and wanted to go ahead with the purchase of the vehicle. Two hours later, after he changed the ownership to his name, he wanted his money back or at least ten thousand dollars as he didnt realize it was rebuilt. He took me to small claims and he won. Have to pay 7500.00 dollars. Judge ruled for him cause it wasnt advertised in the paper "AS IS".

What happened to buyer's beware package?
Do you think I can appeal?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tulazik said:
What is the name of your state?Ontario, Canada

I fixed and sold a rebuilt 2003 GMC Envoy privately. I advertised it in the paper......not mentioning that it was rebuilt. When the buyer came and looked at the car, he requested that I get him a Buyers Beware Package, which I did and in the package, it clearly states the condition of the vehicle and its previous accidents. He looked at the package and drove the vehicle and wanted to go ahead with the purchase of the vehicle. Two hours later, after he changed the ownership to his name, he wanted his money back or at least ten thousand dollars as he didnt realize it was rebuilt. He took me to small claims and he won. Have to pay 7500.00 dollars. Judge ruled for him cause it wasnt advertised in the paper "AS IS".

What happened to buyer's beware package?
Do you think I can appeal?

- US Law Only -

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">