• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

he hardly wants to send payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

haylee2alicia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa/nd

April 2009 I moved from PA to ND. I was married at the time and we sold my car to his cousin - who said he would pay me payments of 200 per month after giving a down payment of 400. Well i got the down payment in April 2009 and since then have only received 3 payments of 200 and 1 payment of 100. he still owes me 1900 for the car - purchase price was 3000!!! I have hound him by calling, and finally i told him ill give him his thousand dollars back and he can just give the car back to me, well thats when he sent the payment of 100 i guess just to shut me up. can i take him to court to get my money or am i out of luck because we have no contract and the car is in his name now?

My questions:
can i take him to court for the 1900? or just insist of returning 1100 and taking my car back?
Is it a problem since cars in his name - had to sign in his name cuz he couldnt renew registration since i lived in a diff state
Can i force my ex-husband to be a witness to the verbal agreement. He says he doesnt want to be involved since we are divorced.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">