• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He left me with the bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scornedX

I live in Utah. Me and my Ex got pregnant first part of Sept. When I got pregnant he aggreed to pay half of my medical bills which include three ER visits, a overnight hospital stay and three visits to my OB/GYN. I lost the baby and it was a three week process thus the hospital visits. While I was in the hospital he decided to get back with his ex girlfriend and break off our engagment. Now he is refusing to pay his half of the bills. What do I do?

Indiana Filer

I live in Utah. Me and my Ex got pregnant first part of Sept. When I got pregnant he aggreed to pay half of my medical bills which include three ER visits, a overnight hospital stay and three visits to my OB/GYN. I lost the baby and it was a three week process thus the hospital visits. While I was in the hospital he decided to get back with his ex girlfriend and break off our engagment. Now he is refusing to pay his half of the bills. What do I do?
Unless you had some sort of legally written contract, you are out of luck. He was not the father of the baby since there was no baby. (There was the potential of a baby, but until the baby was born, he was not the father.)

I'm sorry for the loss of your child.

seniorjudge

Unless you had some sort of legally written contract, you are out of luck. He was not the father of the baby since there was no baby. (There was the potential of a baby, but until the baby was born, he was not the father.)

I'm sorry for the loss of your child.
I disagree.

I think she MAY (big word) have a case.

Poster, I am assuming y'all were not married?

scornedX

Sue him for half the bills in small claims court.

Will you win?

I don't have the slightest idea.
Thank you very much. I feel he owes it to me. I missed 2 weeks of work and already have a child to take care of. With no paycheck and medical bills due I am freaking out.

seniorjudge

Thank you very much. I feel he owes it to me. I missed 2 weeks of work and already have a child to take care of. With no paycheck and medical bills due I am freaking out.
Non-legal advice:

After losing a child, you need a strong support group.

Try your family, church, groups of parents who have suffered the same as you, etc.

Good luck.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">