• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ron Kuykendall

What is the name of your state? Indiana
All the salary workers and retirees at Ford Motor Company are being charged a monthly fee for their health insurance benefits.
I could understand their problems, but the hourly workers make no such sacrifice and have all their health benefits paid by the company. It appears to me the company is making up on the salary workers that retired on a fixed income what they can't get from the hourly due to a strong union. This seems to me like discrimination to the older retiree that thought this would never happen.
Ron

racer72

It is not discrimination, it is called the free enterprise system. Salaried employees at Ford freely chose to work for Ford with the system in place. No one is forcing any employees to pay for their medical, if they do not want to pay, they are free to go find employement elsewhere. As a union member, I recieve certain benefits that non union employees do not. However, there are things the salaried folks get that I don't. I am sure it is the same at Ford.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">