• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beingsuedgrace

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania
My dog has bit someone at a party of mine that she wasn't invited to I don't even know her. I told her to stay away from the dog but she didn't listen and proceeded to lean in the dogs face and my dog bit her. my dog doesn't have rabbies and I also took her to the hostpital at 3:00am when it happened and we stayed for nine hours the doctor never saw her the triage nurse gave her an ice pack. In the mean time the security guard in hospital saw making out with my cousin who brought her to my home. After the nine hours she decided to leave
Now her father is stating that she needs plastic surgery she went two doctor's
one said she needed another say no is there a chance i could loose my house?

S

seniorjudge

"My dog has bit someone at a party of mine that she wasn't invited to...."

You didn't invite your dog to your own party? I stopped reading there. Would you mind posting this again using fewer pronouns?

We will try to help.

tijerin

In California, you can be sued by a burglar that breaks into your house and slips and falls. Maybe your homeowner's insurance should get involved. Make a claim and let THEIR attorney's fight it out with the lady's attorneys, tha would be my suggestion. I don't know Pennsylvania laws but it would be "common sense" that if you were having a party, someone showed up uninvited and you didn't ask them to leave, just warned them about the dog verbally, then you could be liable. I would start with animal control and probably be appreciative that they didn't take the dog away from you for biting someone (unless ,of course, you don't want the dog anymore). By "allowing" the lady into your house, you increase your liability for the dog bite, especially since the lady had "access" to the dog in some fomr or another or she wouldn't have been bitten in the first place.

S

seniorjudge

"...Maybe your homeowner's insurance should get involved...."

Most homeowner's liability insurance does not cover dog bites these days.

I know this is true because I heard it on Oprah and she always tells the truth.

But, yeah, OP should axe her insurance company....it may be covered.

What I want to know is who was making out with who and what does that have to do with a dog bite?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">